Pumpkin Spice SunButter French Toast is a delicious way to enjoy sunflower seed butter stuffed between 2 slices of bread.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by SunButter. All opinions expressed and images are solely mine. Thank you for supporting brands that help make Sift & Simmer possible!
It's already the middle of October... are you sick of pumpkin everything? 'Cause I'm not!
I've been pretty busy in the last few weeks -- between finally getting in the routine of getting my eldest back in school, and juggling swimming and appointments for the little one, we've also had a few friends and relatives come to visit.
My uncle was in town visiting and popped over to our place on a Sunday morning. I asked if he wanted something to eat. He said he actually was a little hungry. So I told him to sit tight and I would whip him up something.
I thought about what I wanted to make for him... eggs, toast, pancakes? French toast is easy to make... but I was itching to make it a little more special since my uncle was here visiting. So I decided I was going to stuff it with something... but with what?
I rooted through the pantry -- smooth peanut butter, smooth almond butter... oh wait a second, he's allergic to nuts!
Then I remembered I had sunflower butter. Not just any old sunflower butter, but a crunchy one!
SunButter is great since it's free from the top 8 allergens (which includes peanuts), and is GMO-free... definitely gives me peace of mind for when there are allergies to contend with.
I double checked with him that sunflower seeds were alright with him and he said he didn't have any issues with them. So I proceeded to make him a Pumpkin Spice Sunflower Butter Stuffed French Toast.
OHH. EM..... GEE. It's as if 2 worlds collide... pumpkin pie and French toast.
The thick, creamy, crunchy sunflower butter gives the French toast some texture, and warm pumpkin spices are familiar and comforting.
Drizzled with maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream, it's the perfect autumn breakfast.
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave a comment below! What are some other ways you'd enjoy crunchy sunflower butter?
Pumpkin Spice SunButter Stuffed French Toast
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 4 slices thick-cut bread brioche or challah will work here too
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ C whole milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice + extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ C Natural Crunch SunButter
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- whipped cream
- In a large shallow bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of SunButter on each slice of bread and pair them together with the SunButter on the inside of the sandwich.
- Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and flip to soak the other side.
- Heat up a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and place the egg-dipped sandwich into the hot pan. Cover with a lid, reduce to medium low heat and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the sandwich and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining sandwich.
- Slice the French toast in half and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, powdered sugar, maple syrup, and/or whipped cream. Serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.