This Sakura Strawberry Latte combines the floral notes of cherry blossom with the aroma and flavour of fresh strawberries in this delightfully pink drink!
I had a bunch of strawberries that needed to be used, and this pretty in pink drink idea came to my mind.
Why you'll love this recipe
This Sakura Strawberry Latte recipe is really simple to make, as long as you have cherry blossom (or sakura) syrup on hand.
It's a beautiful, caffeine-free drink.
However, you can add a shot of espresso coffee to make it a coffee-based drink.
Or you can substitute the sakura syrup with rose syrup for a different floral take.
It's the perfect drink to celebrate Spring!
Ingredients you'll need
You'll only need 3 ingredients to make this drink:
- fresh strawberries: you can use frozen strawberries too
- milk of your choice: you can use whole milk, or any non-dairy alternative
- sakura cherry blossom syrup: I made my own, but you can use a commercially-made one
How to make it
In a high-speed blender, combine fresh strawberries and milk and blend until smooth.
To a tall glass, add in sakura cherry blossom syrup to your taste.
Next, add in ice and the blended strawberry milk.
Top with additional milk.
Add a few diced strawberries (or freeze-dried strawberries) to the drink (optional).
Stick in a straw, give it a stir and enjoy.
You can interchange the sakura syrup for a rose syrup for a different floral flavour.
Add whipped cream to the latte to make it more indulgent.
Instead of fresh strawberries, you can use freeze-dried strawberries as a garnish.
Add some matcha to the drink for a Matcha Sakura latte.
What does sakura/cherry blossom taste like?
It has a subtle, slightly earthy, floral taste, with a hint of almond and cherry.
Does the sakura latte contain coffee?
This particular version does not contain coffee, but you can add a shot of espresso to make it a coffee-based drink.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these recipes:
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Sakura Strawberry Latte
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
Sakura Strawberry Latte:
- a handful of fresh strawberries
- ½ C milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon sakura cherry blossom syrup or to taste
- extra milk to top
- freeze-dried or fresh diced strawberries optional, as garnish
- ¼ C hot water
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
Sakura Strawberry Latte:
- In a high-speed blender, combine fresh strawberries and milk and blend until smooth.
- To a tall glass, add in sakura cherry blossom syrup to your taste.
- Next, add in ice and the blended strawberry milk.
- Top with additional milk.
- Add a few diced strawberries (or freeze-dried strawberries) to the drink (optional).
- Stick in a straw, give it a stir and enjoy.
- Whisk together hot water and matcha together until frothy.
- Prepare the Sakura Strawberry latte as above.
- After topping with additional milk, pour the matcha over top.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.