This Sakura Lychee Fizz is a sparkling and lightly floral drink, sweetened with real cherry blossom syrup.
This first appeared on Sift & Simmer in April 2018. Updated April 2022.
Every year, I look forward to the Cherry Blossom trees that bloom, signaling the arrival of spring in Vancouver.
In celebration of this wonderful time of year, I like to draw inspiration from the cherry blossom's hues of pinks and whites.
What is cherry blossom?
Cherry blossoms are pink and white flowers from ornamental cherry trees, also known as sakura or Japanese cherry.
They are the national flower of Japan.
Are cherry blossoms edible?
Yes, they are.
Why you'll love this recipe
This drink is really simple to whip up.
It's effortlessly pretty, which makes it great for birthdays or special occasions.
Ingredients you'll need
- sakura cherry blossom syrup: I made my own, but you can use a commercial one if you like
- lychee syrup: you can also use canned lychee in syrup (save the lychees for garnishing)
- carbonated/sparkling water: or club soda
If you want to make it a cocktail, add a shot of Soho lychee liqueur to enhance that lychee flavour.
How to make the drink
Add ice cubes to a glass.
Pour in the cherry blossom syrup.
Add in lychee syrup.
If adding liqueur, add a shot of Soho lychee liqueur.
Top off with sparkling water and garnish with lychee and additional cherry blossom.
Other recipes you may like
You may also like these recipes:
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- be sure to tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Sakura Lychee Fizz
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- Add ice cubes to a glass.
- Pour in the cherry blossom syrup and lychee syrup.
- If using lychee liqueur, add it in.
- Top with carbonated/sparkling water and garnish with lychee and additional cherry blossom.
- Serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.