This Ruby Hot Chocolate is an updated twist on a classic hot chocolate, featuring ruby chocolate chips and milk with a splash of vanilla.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
What is ruby chocolate?
Ruby chocolate is a naturally pink-hued chocolate from the ruby cocoa bean, first introduced by Callebaut.
It has an intense, fruity tangy flavor with notes of berries.
Ruby chocolate is described as in between milk chocolate and white chocolate.
Ingredients you'll need
- milk of your choice: you can use oat milk, almond, soy milk, whole milk, skim milk, etc.
- ruby chocolate chips: or ruby chocolate bars, chopped into smaller pieces
- vanilla extract: adds additional flavor
- whipped cream: optional
How to make it
In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat (don't let it boil).
Add in the ruby chocolate chips and whisk until dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Pour into a mug and serve with whipped cream (if desired).
What to pair with
Other hot chocolate recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these recipes:
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Ruby Hot Chocolate
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 1 C milk of your choice
- 3 tablespoon ruby chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream optional
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat (don't let it boil).
- Add in the ruby chocolate chips and whisk until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into a mug and serve with whipped cream (if desired).
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.