This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs is a great way to amp up regular hotdogs and add extra savory flavor. The best part is that they are easily made in the oven.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Why you'll love this recipe
This recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs is:
Easy to make: all the cooking is done in the oven which results in hotdogs encased with crispy bacon (and no splattering!).
Accessible: just a baking sheet, hot oven and no toothpicks required.
Uses up leftovers: great way to use leftover hotdogs or leftover bacon.
Flavorful: adding bacon just amplifies the savory, umami flavor of the hot dog sausage.
2 ingredients you'll need
- hot dog sausages: you could also use bratwurst or smokies
- bacon slices: you can use any type of bacon, including turkey bacon, thick cut, maple bacon
Equipment you'll need
- baking sheet/baking tray
- aluminum foil or parchment paper: for catching any grease
How to make bacon wrapped hot dogs in the oven
Preheat oven to 400F.
Take a strip of uncooked bacon and coil/wrap it around the hotdog sausage. Don't wrap too loosely or too tightly.
Tip: you can wrap at an angle to ensure full coverage.
Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs with the bacon ends facing down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Repeat with the remaining bacon and hotdogs.
Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
Note: If you prefer less crisp bacon, you can reduce the baking time to 8-10 minutes.
You can also use an air fryer or grill to cook the hot dogs until the bacon is crisp.
Serve the hot dogs on lightly toasted hot dog buns, with your favourite toppings and sauces such as:
- ketchup/gochujang (if you're feeling fancy)
- BBQ sauce
- sliced onion
- fresh or pickled jalapeño
Side dishes to pair with
How to store
Store any cooked bacon-wrapped hot dogs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze the hot dogs for up to 3 months, stored in a freezer-safe container/bag.
Other hot dog recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these recipes:
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Oven-Baked Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 12 hot dog sausages
- 1 pack (12 slices) bacon regular cut
- Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C.
- Take a strip of uncooked bacon and coil/wrap it around the hotdog sausage. Don't wrap too loosely or too tightly.
- Tip: you can wrap at an angle to ensure full coverage.
- Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs with the bacon ends facing down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining bacon and hotdogs.
- Bake at 400°F/204°C for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.