This recipe for Iced Lavender Honeycomb Latte is a Starbucks copycat. It features homemade lavender syrup, mixed with espresso and milk, sweetened with honeycomb.
One of the reasons I started this blog was for me to document flavours and ideas that I come across.
If you're a long-time reader, you'll know the recurring sweet flavours that occur on my blog include matcha, earl grey, hojicha, lavender and cinnamon.
When Starbucks Canada released their Honeycomb Lavender Latte, I knew I had to try it.
First, because it was limited edition and only released in Canada (a surefire way to get someone to try something is by calling it "limited edition!") And second, I love anything lavender.
Lavender Earl Grey tea lattes are one of my favourite winter drinks -- there's something uplifting about the fragrance and aroma of lavender that seems to calm and soothe me. (In fact, all my soaps and laundry detergents are lavender-scented!)
What's in the drink?
The Iced Honeycomb Lavender Latte is a straightforward drink to make.
It's a milky espresso-based drink with:
- cold foam
- lavender syrup
When I tried the Starbucks version, I found it a little weak in lavender flavour (that's probably because I love strong flavours) and it had way too much ice.
Starbucks uses a light blonde espresso roast which adds to the lightness of the overall drink.
Ingredients you'll need
- espresso: cooled, or you can use a strong brewed coffee
- milk: any milk or non-dairy alternative you like
- honeycomb: or regular honey will work
- lavender syrup: you can use a store-bought syrup
- vanilla extract: use a good quality vanilla extract for the best flavour
How to make it at home
To recreate this at home, I made a Purple Lavender Simple Syrup that is steeped full of lavender.
This is key to getting a pronounced lavender flavour.
Feel free to adjust the amount of lavender syrup to your taste.
I also went all out and got real honeycomb for this drink, but if you can't find honeycomb, you can easily substitute honey.
Add the vanilla extract, honeycomb, lavender syrup into a drinking glass.
Place a few ice cubes in.
Pour in the cooled espresso/coffee.
Froth the milk in a separate jar.
Pour the frothed milk over top of the coffee.
How to serve
Enjoy the Iced Honeycomb Lavender Latte immediately.
Omit the ice and heat the milk and coffee up for a hot version.
Other recipes you may like
Iced Lavender Blueberry Jasmine Tea
Honey and lavender are a natural pairing, and it works well in this creamy, cold and smooth drink.
I find that the sweet and floral notes make this drink highly addictive. I have also tried this with cold brew coffee and it tastes amazing.
Let me know if you try out my Iced Honeycomb Lavender Latte. Tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below. Have you tried Starbucks Canada's Honeycomb Lavender Latte yet?
Iced Honeycomb Lavender Latte
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic honeycomb or use honey + extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoon Purple Lavender Simple Syrup
- a few ice cubes
- ½ C espresso (or strong coffee) cooled
- ½ C milk of your choice or non-dairy alternative
- culinary lavender flower buds for garnish, optional
- Add in vanilla extract, honey, and Purple Lavender Simple Syrup into a glass.
- Place a few ice cubes and pour cooled espresso over top.
- In a separate mason jar, use an electric frother for a few seconds to froth the milk. (If you don't have a frother, you can add a lid to the mason jar and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds).
- Pour the frothed milk over top of the coffee, garnish with a drizzle of honey and lavender flowers (if you wish) and serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.
Lisa | Garlic & Zest
This is the most beautiful latte I think I've ever seen! The flavors sound so exotic, too. I definitely need to try it -- and I'm all over your purple lavender simple syrup! So creative!
Thank you Lisa! 🙂
Such a perfect coffee house drink to make at home! Looks amazing.
Oh my goodness what gorgeous photo! MY daughter loves delicious cook drinks - I cannot wait to surprise her!
Oh yay, thanks Lima! Hope your daughter loves it! 🙂
I love making homemade coffees in the afternoon. This iced latte is a delicious and fancy treat.
Iced lattes are indeed great in the afternoon for that pick me up, thanks Sharon!
Beautiful, delicious, and so perfect for spring!
Thank you Michelle! 🙂
Delicious lavender latte!!