This Starbucks copycat recipe for Iced Doppio Espresso with Oat Milk is my personal favourite way to enjoy an iced coffee. Simplicity at its best with only 3 ingredients.
What is an iced "doppio?"
Doppio is an Italian term for "double," and in this context, it means 2 shots of espresso coffee over ice.
Why you'll love this recipe
If you've ever ordered a grande "Doppio Espresso" with ice from Starbucks with an extra splash of oat milk, this is the recipe.
You'll need only 3 ingredients (four, if you like yours sweeter).
This particular recipe is vegan and dairy-free.
It will save you so much money if you make easy latte this at home.
Price of Starbucks vs. homemade
Prices accurate as of Feb 2022 in the Metro Vancouver area.
Iced Doppio, extra splash of oat milk: $2.65
Cup charge: $0.25 (only in Vancouver)
Oatly (oat milk): $0.50
Ingredients you'll need
- espresso: use any espresso or very strong coffee that you enjoy; I prefer Starbucks Blonde roast
- oat milk: you can use any oat milk that you like, however for a more exact duplicate, use Earth's Own Oat Barista Blend or Oatly Barista Edition
- sweetener: vanilla or simple syrup; optional, to your taste; if you prefer brown sugar, here's that version: Iced Brown Sugar Oat Espresso (Starbucks Copycat)
How to make it
Prepare 2 shots (30ml) of espresso coffee.
If using sweetener, add pump(s) of vanilla syrup to a tall glass.
Add ice cubes into a large tall glass.
Pour the coffee over the ice.
Add in the oat milk (if you prefer a little froth, use an electric frother to foam up the milk).
Stick in a straw, give it a stir and enjoy.
As with any drink, you can easily customize it to your liking.
You can swap out the oat milk for dairy milk, or any other non-dairy alternative such as almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk.
If you prefer a sweeter drink, you can add vanilla syrup or simple syrup (1:1 ratio of water and sugar), or even brown sugar.
Double the amount to make more.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these coffee-based recipes:
Let me know if you try out this easy and money-saving recipe for Iced Doppio Espresso with Oat Milk -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Iced Doppio Espresso with Oat Milk (Starbucks Copycat)
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 2 shots espresso or very strong coffee
- sweetener optional, to your taste
- ¼-1/2 C oat milk
- Prepare 2 shots (30ml) of espresso coffee.
- If using sweetener, add pump(s) of vanilla syrup to a tall glass.
- Add ice cubes into a large tall glass.
- Pour the coffee over the ice.
- Add in the oat milk (if you prefer a little froth, use an electric frother to foam up the milk).
- Stick in a straw, give it a stir and enjoy.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.