This easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte features real pumpkin puree, coffee and milk flavoured with warm pumpkin pie spices.
What is pumpkin spice?
Pumpkin pie spice, or pumpkin spice is a blend of ground spices used commonly in pumpkin pie.
It usually contains:
Why you'll love this recipe
This recipe is straightforward to make.
It uses real pumpkin puree, which adds a natural sweetness to the latte.
You can easily customize the recipe by using any milk that you like.
It only contains a few ingredients.
Ingredients you'll need
- pumpkin puree: use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe; you can use fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin
- whole milk: use any milk that you like or non-dairy alternative, such as oat, soy, or almond
- hot espresso: or brewed coffee
- maple syrup: or sweetener of your choice
- vanilla extract: use a pure vanilla extract for the best flavour
- pumpkin pie spice: a blend of ground spices that used in pumpkin pie -- usually consists of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and all-spice
- whipped cream: optional
How to make it
In a small saucepot, heat the milk and pumpkin puree over medium-low heat, until it is warmed through.
Whisk in maple syrup/sweetener, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
Remove from heat. Set aside.
Prepare 1 shot of hot espresso or ¼ C hot coffee and pour into a mug.
Next, pour the warmed milk-pumpkin mixture over the coffee.
Add whipped cream and top with additional pumpkin pie spice.
How to serve
Serve the Pumpkin Spice Latte immediately.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double the recipe to make 2 servings.
Can I make it with non-dairy milk?
Sure, you can use any non-dairy alternative such as soy, oat, or almond which are all great options.
Can I add 2 shots of espresso to the drink?
Yes, you absolutely can.
Can I make it without coffee?
Omit the coffee and increase the amount of pumpkin puree by 2 tablespoon and increase the milk by ¼ C.
Can I make it iced?
Sure, heat the pumpkin-milk mixture and chill in the fridge first before proceeding.
For best results, use cold brew coffee or espresso.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these recipes:
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- ½ C whole milk or non-dairy alternative
- 2 tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more for garnish
- 1 shot espresso or ¼ C brewed hot coffee
- whipped cream optional
- In a small saucepot, heat the milk and pumpkin puree over medium-low heat, until it is warmed through.
- Whisk in maple syrup/sweetener, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Prepare 1 shot of hot espresso or ¼ C hot coffee and pour into a mug.
- Next, pour the warmed milk-pumpkin mixture over the coffee.
- Add whipped cream and top with additional pumpkin pie spice.
- Serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.