This Pumpkin Spice Loaf is moist and uses pumpkin puree in the batter. The flavours of pumpkin spice add warmth to the loaf cake.
Wow, the air was crisp and chilly this morning in Vancouver. And the leaves that were vividly golden in their splendour just last week have all fallen to the ground in our neighbourhood.
I had to bundle the kids for our walk to school this morning. Which meant looking for mittens and colder jackets. During the walk to school, I was mesmerized by the leaves on the ground and how they coloured the sidewalks yellow and orange.
I instantly thought of my Pumpkin Chai Loaf that I had made last year.
However, since I didn't have any chai concentrate in the fridge, I wanted to make a plain Pumpkin Spice Loaf.
A loaf that wasn't "as fancy," as my son would say.
Except, you know I can't. I kept the Pumpkin Spice Loaf as simple as I could, but I did sneak in a special ingredient that gives it that je ne sais quoi.
I used organic ginger syrup to sweeten up the loaf.
And it's got a light pumpkin pie spiced glaze filled with warm spices that make the loaf just sweet enough.
Ingredients you'll need:
You'll need the following ingredients:
- whole eggs
- pumpkin puree
- avocado oil
- granulated sugar
- ginger syrup
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice*
How to make pumpkin pie spice
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, it's simple to make. Just combine a mixture of ground spices:
How to make the loaf
Combine all the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
Whisk together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold to combine, being careful not to overmix.
Transfer to a loaf pan and bake at 350F for 60-65 minutes.
Other recipes you may like
This Pumpkin Spice Loaf is moist, delicious, and full of real pumpkin puree. It is great for breakfast, or as an afternoon snack with some tea.
If you're looking for more pumpkin baking to get you through Fall, check out:
Also, if you make my recipes, I'd love to see! Tag me @siftandsimmer on Instagram or leave me a comment/rating below.
Pumpkin Spice Loaf
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C plain yogurt
- ½ C pumpkin puree
- ¼ C avocado oil
- ½ C granulated cane sugar
- 3 tablespoon ginger syrup
- 1 ¾ C all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice* [or make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice below]
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 8" by 4" loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, add the eggs, yogurt, pumpkin puree, oil, granulated cane sugar, and ginger syrup. Whisk together to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk to evenly mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently mix with a spatula to combine. Be careful not to overmix.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tin and smooth out the top. Drop the pan from a height of about 1 feet to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 60-65 mins, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a slight few crumbs clinging on it.
- Cool completely before slicing. Serve at room temperature.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.