This copycat recipe features clusters of Coconut & Cashew Butter Granola that is lightly sweet, nutty, crunchy and tastes similar to Nature's Path's version.
If there's one granola that we always seem to buy at Costco, it's Nature's Path's Coconut & Cashew Butter Granola.
My kids love it, so I decided to make my own version.
Why you'll love this recipe
This recipe is made in one bowl and is super straightforward to make.
Adding cashew butter enhances that nutty, cashew flavour and helps the granola clump up.
It is crunchy, nutty, not too sweet and is naturally vegan and dairy-free.
Baking the granola at a lower temperature prevents the cashews and coconut flakes from browning too quickly.
Making it home is cost efficient and you'll know exactly what is in it.
This Coconut & Cashew Butter Granola only has 8 ingredients!
Ingredients you'll need
- rolled oats: whole oats or old-fashioned oats; don't use steel-cut oats for this granola
- cashew butter: I prefer using all-natural, smooth cashew butter
- pure maple syrup: you can use honey, agave syrup, any other liquid sweetener; or a combination of that with a tablespoon of coconut sugar
- sea salt: a pinch of sea salt helps to balance out the sweetness and flavour
- vanilla extract: use a good quality extract for the best flavour; you can also use coconut extract for additional coconut flavour
- whole roasted cashews: preferably unsalted; if you use salted cashews, omit the sea salt and you may need to increase the maple syrup by a little bit
- coconut flakes: unsweetened or sweetened
- coconut oil: adds a little more coconut flavour, and helps the granola to stay crunchy
How to make it
Preheat oven to 300F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, with a spatula, stir together the cashew butter, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla extract and coconut oil (Step 1 below).
Add in the rolled oats, cashews and coconut flakes (Step 2 below).
Mix everything together with the spatula and transfer to the lined baking sheet (Step 3 below).
Bake the granola at 300F for 20 minutes and reduce to 200F to continue baking for another 20-30 minutes.
Keep an eye on how quickly the cashews and coconut flakes are browning.
Remove from oven and let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet (Step 4 below).
How to store
Transfer the completely cool granola into a dry, airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
How to serve
Enjoy the Coconut & Cashew Butter Granola in any of these ways:
- with any milk of your choice, such as soy, almond, or oat
- sprinkled over yogurt
- with a chia seed pudding
- or simply as a snack on its own
Expert tips & troubleshooting
If you prefer large clumps, don't spread out the granola mixture too much on the baking sheet.
Bake the granola in a clump and once cool, break off into large clusters.
For smaller granola, just break it off into a smaller pieces.
You can easily double the recipe and make a larger batch.
If your granola starts to brown too quickly, you may need to adjust the oven temperature accordingly.
For crunchy granola, bake the granola at a low temperature (200F) for a longer period of time.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these recipes:
Granola Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Overnight Oats with SunButter and Raspberry Jam
Baked Strawberry Almond Oatmeal
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Coconut & Cashew Butter Granola (Nature's Path Copycat Recipe)
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 80 ml cashew butter smooth
- 60 ml maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 90 g rolled oats
- 35 g whole roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 300°F/149°C.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a spatula, stir together the cashew butter, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Add in the rolled oats, cashews and coconut flakes.
- Mix everything together with the spatula and transfer to the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the granola at 300°F/149°C for 20 minutes and reduce to 200°F/93°C to continue baking for another 20-30 minutes.
- Keep an eye on how quickly the cashews and coconut flakes are browning.
- Remove from oven and let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.
Ben | Havocinthekitchen
I love cashew butter, combined with coconut and maple syrup sounds so good. They look terrific, too!
Tasia ~ two sugar bugs
This cashew butter granola looks incredible! It will be a big hit at my house.
I love how you've made your own homemade version of this granola that you usually buy at Costco, Michelle. I bet your own version is much healthier. Your kids will thank you for this! Yum!