Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Turkey Farmers of Canada. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own.
These days, making meals in my house is like competing on an episode of Chopped! Are you looking for a quick and easy way to feed your family? These Breakfast Turkey & Egg Croissants are an excellent idea for a morning meal or a lazy weekend brunch. Don’t let the name fool you into having this only for breakfast. If you’re feeling audacious, you could even have this for dinner (as my husband did)!
I’m happy to partner with Turkey Farmers of Canada again this year to bring you more easy and delicious recipes using turkey. I’ve always got some type of turkey deli meat in my fridge. Along with cheese and eggs, it’s a staple in my house. My kids love the taste of turkey, and I like how it’s a lean protein.
So if you’ve got turkey meat, cheese, and eggs hanging out in your fridge, you’ve got all the building blocks for this breakfast croissant.
SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS
Flaky croissants stuffed with roasted sliced turkey deli meat, sweet caramelized onions, melted cheese and egg are transformed into a decadent and delicious meal. Once you have all your components together, it only takes a matter of minutes to assemble and pop it in the oven.
HOW TO PREPARE THE CROISSANTS
Day-old store-bought croissants are ideal since they’ll be reheated in the oven, but it’s absolutely fine if you have freshly baked croissants on hand. Cut the croissants about ⅓ of the way from the top, remove the “top,” and make a well by lightly cutting (not all the way through) the inside of the croissant, and push the interior down.
ASSEMBLING THE CROISSANTS
- Slather a little Dijon mustard in the bottom of the croissant
- Stuff the well with roasted turkey deli meat
- Layer on the caramelized onions
- Add cheese
- Top with an egg
Easy, right? And of course, you can tailor it to whatever you have on hand — use shredded turkey meat if you’ve got that from Easter leftovers.
Level up your brunch game with this flavourful Breakfast Turkey & Egg Croissant. Let me know if you try out this recipe — tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment below. And if you love turkey sandwiches, try my Grilled Lemongrass Turkey Banh Mi or Five-Spice Turkey Green Onion Pancake Rolls. Be sure to check out Canadian Turkey for more turkey ideas and recipes.
Breakfast Turkey & Egg Croissants
- 4 store-bought croissants day-old is best
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 slices roasted turkey deli meat 2 per croissant
- 4 Tbsp caramelized onions
- 4 slices cheese I used havarti
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the croissant across ⅓rd from the top. Place the "tops" aside.
- Create a well in the croissant by slightly cutting the inside of the croissant and push down.
- Smear 1 tsp of Dijon mustard in the well.
- Stuff in the roasted turkey deli meat.
- Add 1 tbsp of caramelized onions on top of the turkey.
- Place the cheese over top.
- Create a little nook for the egg by pushing down on the cheese.
- Crack an egg into the nook (depending on how large your eggs are, you may need to remove some egg white or it may overflow).
- Place the croissant onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, until the egg is just set. Remove, sprinkle with ground pepper and chopped rosemary and serve warm (with or without the tops).