This Iced Matcha Pandan latte is a delicious spin on a regular matcha latte. Pandan syrup adds a sweet, tropical vanilla-like flavour to the matcha green tea.
What is matcha?
Matcha is a Japanese green tea that has a vibrant, earthy flavour.
I love using matcha in my baked goods.
What is pandan?
Pandan is also known as screwpine, and is a vibrantly green tropical plant with an aromatic flavouring.
It's used commonly in Southeast Asian cuisine.
To flavour this matcha latte, I used my homemade Pandan Simple Syrup, which consists of blended pandan leaves in water and sugar.
Ingredients you'll need
- matcha: use a good quality matcha for the best flavour
- hot water: just enough water to dissolve the matcha powder
- pandan syrup: you can increase or decrease the amount according to your taste
- almond milk: you can use any milk or non-dairy alternative that you like
How to make it
Make the Iced Matcha Pandan Latte by making a regular matcha latte.
If you normally use a vanilla syrup, you can replace it with the pandan syrup.
Dissolve the matcha powder in some hot water. Use a whisk or electric frother to whisk.
Add pandan syrup, ice and top with milk.
Stick in a straw, give it a stir and enjoy.
Can I make it without ice?
Yes, you can omit the ice; heat up the milk and make it a hot pandan matcha latte instead.
Where can I find pandan leaves?
You can find pandan leaves in Asian supermarkets, usually in the freezer section.
Can I use pandan extract instead?
Pandan extract is very concentrated -- you can use 1 drop in place of the syrup. You may need to add sugar to your liking.
Other recipes you may like
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may like these:
Be sure to let me know if you try out this recipe! Tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Iced Matcha Pandan Latte
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- 1-2 tablespoon Pandan Simple Syrup
- 1 C almond milk or milk/non-dairy alternative of your choice
- To a large glass, add matcha powder and hot water. Use a whisk or electric frother to whisk.
- Add pandan syrup (to taste), ice cubes and top up with milk.
- Stick in a straw, give it a stir and enjoy.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.