This Chili Lime Seasoning is an easy recipe to add a little spice and flavour to your dishes. It's tangy, spicy and a little salty that will be sure to liven your tastebuds.
What is chili lime seasoning?
If you've had Tajin or Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning, it's a versatile powdered flavouring used commonly on fruit.
It consists simply of ground chili peppers, lime, and salt.
What does it taste like?
It has a mildly spicy, tangy and salty flavour.
Why you'll love this recipe
This recipe for Chili Lime Seasoning is super easy to make.
There's no added preservatives, and you can easily adjust it to your taste.
Just combine all the ingredients together and give it a mix.
Sprinkle it on anything you like, including jicama, fruit, and potato chips.
Ingredients you'll need
- chili powder: typically, it's a blend of chilies: chiles de árbol, guajillo and pasilla; but you can use whatever chili powder you usually enjoy. Note: different chilies will have different spiciness levels.
- paprika: optional, adds a hint of flavour and natural red colouring to the powder
- dehydrated lime powder: I found it online; it's just dehydrated lime juice and adds a delicious tangy flavour
- cayenne powder: optional, if you like additional spiciness -- this will add some heat
- sea salt: use a fine sea salt, which will blend easily into the powder
How to make it
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
How to store
Store the chili lime seasoning powder in a clean, dry container.
It's preferable to use glass as it will not absorb any odour.
Store in a dark, dry location for up to 1 year.
How to use it
Use it on fresh fruit, such as mangoes, pineapple, or watermelon.
Try it on jicama or cucumber.
Sprinkle it on chips, fries, and savoury baked goods.
Add it as a seasoning to popcorn for additional flavour.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these other recipes:
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Chili Lime Seasoning
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated lime powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, lime powder, cayenne, and sea salt. Give it a mix.
- Transfer the seasoning to a dry, clean glass jar and store in a dark, dry location.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.