These Almond Pine Cones are a cute and all-edible decoration for yule log cake (Bûche de Noël), or anytime.
Why you'll love this recipe
This simple recipe makes 4 pine cones, which is perfect for a large Bûche de Noël yule log cake.
It's not very sweet at all.
The pine cones are completely edible and you can also enjoy them as a mini dessert or snack on their own.
You'll only need 5 pantry ingredients to make them.
Ingredients you'll need
- almond flour: which is ground almonds, into a fine powder
- powdered sugar: also known as icing sugar
- peanut butter: use smooth, creamy peanut butter
- almond flakes/sliced almonds
- cocoa powder: for dusting
How to make the almond pine cones
Combine almond flour, icing sugar and peanut butter to form a dough.
Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
Form each dough into a pine cone shape, similar to an egg shape.
Stick almond flakes into cone, starting from the top to the bottom.
Place finished pine cones onto a small baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Freeze almond pine cones right away to retain their shape.
When ready to assemble or enjoy, remove pine cones out from freezer and place around the yule log and dust with icing powder/cocoa powder.
How to store
Store the almond pine cones in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to use
Use the almond pine cones as decorations for yule log cake, or other Christmas or festive desserts.
Or simply enjoy them as a treat.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to check out these recipes:
Perfect Bûche de Noël (Yule Log)
Almond Butter Mini Egg Cookies
Easy Double-Baked Almond Croissants
Almondy Cake (Ikea Copycat Recipe)
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Almond Pine Cones for Yule Log Cake (Bûche De Noël)
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 33 g ground almond flour
- 8 g powdered sugar + extra (½ Tbsp) for dusting
- 33 g peanut butter smooth, creamy
- ½ C almond flakes
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder for dusting
- Combine almond flour, icing sugar and peanut butter to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Form each dough into a pine cone shape, similar to an egg shape.
- Stick almond flakes into cone with pointed side out, starting from the top to the bottom.
- Place finished pine cones onto a small baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze almond pine cones right away to retain their shape.
- When ready to assemble or enjoy, remove pine cones out from freezer and place around the yule log and dust with icing powder/cocoa powder.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.
Leave a Reply