This SunButter Spicy Dan Dan Noodles recipe features a noodles and pork coated with a thick spicy sauce. It's a spin on the classic and uses sunflower seed butter in the sauce rather than peanut butter.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by SunButter. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help make Sift & Simmer possible!
It's been pretty chilly over here -- but for the most part, relatively dry.
Reminds me a bit of Edmonton with the clear skies, and cold temperatures. But at least there hasn't been too much rain for now.
There's nothing like a big bowl of spicy noodles on a cold winter day.
Now that it's cold and almost (officially) winter, I'm always craving these creamy, delicious Spicy Dan Dan noodles made with SunButter.
Why you'll like this recipe
Traditionally, dan dan noodles use a thick sesame paste.
However, I like to use Creamy SunButter so that my son can bring them to school for his lunch and not have to worry about nut allergies.
Noodles with savoury ground pork, drizzled with chili oil (optional) and a thick sauce.
Ingredients you'll need
For the SunButter sauce:
- Creamy SunButter
- light soy sauce
- Chinese black vinegar (optional, but highly recommended)
Mix the ingredients together and set aside.
How to assemble
- cook up the pork
- boil the noodles
- chop up the garnishes
- add to a bowl!
And you've got the easiest dinner ready within 30 minutes.
Other recipes you may like
If you liked this recipe, check out these recipes:
Tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer if you've made my recipe, or leave me a comment/rating below.
SunButter Spicy Dan Dan Noodles
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil I used avocado
- 220 g lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon Creamy SunButter
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar Chinkiang brand
- ½ lb dried wheat noodles
- ¼ C chili oil homemade or store-bought
- ½ cucumber julienned
- handful of cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 stalk green onions chopped
Cook the pork:
- In a large frying pan, add in oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add in the ground pork and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sugar and stir until combined and pork is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
Make the SunButter sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the SunButter, soy sauce, and black vinegar and stir together until homogeneous. Set aside.
Cook the noodles:
- Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Assemble the bowls by adding the noodles, then the ground pork and a few tablespoons of the SunButter sauce.
- Drizzle a few teaspoons of chili oil (to your liking) and garnish with cucumber, cilantro and green onions.
- Mix the noodles together with the sauce and pork before enjoying.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.