An easy recipe for baked SunButter Condensed Milk Doughnuts, inspired by Hong Kong-style peanut butter toast.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by SunButter. All images and opinions expressed are solely mine. Thank you for supporting brands that help make Sift & Simmer possible!
I'm often asked where I get my inspiration for my recipes. Truth is, I find it everywhere I go. It doesn't matter where -- it can be on TV, in restaurants, or even on the street.
Why you'll love this recipe
I was sitting in a Hong Kong-style cafe with a friend recently and noticed that they had a HK-style peanut butter toast drizzled with condensed milk on the menu.
Think creamy peanut butter in between thick sandwich bread with sweet condensed milk on the top.
The inspiration for these SunButter Condensed Milk Doughnuts comes from this popular Hong Kong snack.
These SunButter cake doughnuts are baked and sweetened with condensed milk in the batter.
They have an underlying roasted (or "seedy") SunButter flavour which is complemented with the chocolate glaze on top.
An additional drizzle of creamy condensed milk finishes off the doughnuts.
If you don't have a star-shaped doughnut pan, don't worry -- you can still make these in a regular round donut pan.
Placing the doughnut batter into a pastry bag will help you distribute the batter more evenly.
Give the SunButter a good stir before adding it to the eggs and milk. The oils will naturally separate and you don't want to scoop just the oil for this doughnut recipe.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to try out these recipes:
Let me know if you try out this recipe -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below.
SunButter Condensed Milk Doughnuts
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 1 egg
- 100 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 30 ml whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoon Organic SunButter
- ¾ C all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ C semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
Condensed Milk Drizzle
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, condensed milk, milk, oil, vanilla extract and SunButter until combined.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix or the doughnuts will become tough.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag and cut the tip. Pipe batter into the cavity of a doughnut pan, about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350°F/177°C for 13-14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with slight crumbs clinging to it.
- Let the doughnuts cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack.
Make the glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine together powdered sugar and condensed milk.
- Stir until combined, adding a little more powdered sugar or condensed milk to the consistency you like.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts into the chocolate glaze and place over top a cooling rack to set.
- Enjoy doughnuts within 2 days.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.