This SunButter Banana Bread has a swirl of sunflower butter swirled into the batter, which makes this a delicious school-safe loaf.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by SunButter. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help make Sift & Simmer possible!
The other day, my hubby bought 2 bags of bananas. And I totally forgot about them.
So when I discovered them all spotted and brown, I knew I had to make banana bread.
The funny thing is that my hubby doesn't like bananas.
But he's a good sport. He always tries out my creations without grudge.
And when it came to this SunButter Banana Bread, it actually got a thumbs up from him, which was surprising to me. He tells me that he's warming up to banana, which is a huge step for him!
This classic Banana Bread gets an update with SunButter added into the batter.
My husband said that the nuttiness from the sunflower seed butter made the banana bread more palatable to his taste.
So if you know people who aren't fans of banana, maybe they'll take to this version of my SunButter Banana Bread.
I personally like it toasted with an extra smear of SunButter over the top.
Just a note: the banana bread may turn green in the middle, but that's because the chlorophyll in sunflower butter reacts with baking powder/baking soda -- there's no change in taste and it's nothing to worry about!
If you make this recipe, let me know! I'd love to see your creations! Tag me @siftandsimmer on Instagram or leave me a comment/rating below.
SunButter Banana Bread
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 1 ½ C all-purpose flour
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ C Organic SunButter
- ¼ C avocado oil
- ¼ C Greek yogurt
- ½ C granulted sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Line a 8.5″ by 4″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed banana, eggs, SunButter and oil. Whisk together. Add in the yogurt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Next, gently fold in the flour until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan against the counter few times to release any air bubbles.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350°F/177°C for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, or with slight crumbs clinging to it.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.