Small batch SunButter Cookie Bars combine the best of cookies & brownies into one bar. Chocolate and sunflower seed butter are a delicious match!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by SunButter. All images and opinions expressed are solely my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help make Sift & Simmer possible!
A twist on the classic cookie, shaped into a bar, these small-batch SunButter Cookie Bars are all flavour and none of the labour.
Basically these are thick chocolate chip cookies, loaded with sunflower butter. SunButter gives these cookies a rich, complex, nutty flavour and makes them safe for school snacks.
Sometimes I don’t like making too much food, especially since my picky boys like variety. What can I say, they’re spoiled with all the recipe testing that I get to do.
But in this case, sometimes less is more.
A serving of these SunButter Cookie Bars will keep you full for a substantial amount of time. This is due to the amount of protein in the sunflower seed butter.
Rich, nutty, and sweet with dark chocolate chips studded throughout the cookie bars… These are one of my kids favourite nut-free snacks.
It takes less than 1 hour to make these bars from start to finish and you’ve got a quick and delicious snack that you can pack for school or work.
Let me know if you try out this SunButter Cookie Bars recipe by tagging me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment below.
Small-Batch SunButter Cookie Bars
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 4 Tbsp melted butter unsalted
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ C Organic SunButter
- 1 C +2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8" by 4" loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium glass bowl, add in the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar and whisk together. Add salt, eggs, vanilla, and SunButter while continuing to whisk.
- Next, add in the flour and baking powder and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes at 350°F until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Bars will keep at room temperature for 1 week.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.