This recipe for Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies is rich and fudgy, made with all-natural, wholesome ingredients.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Everland Natural Foods. All images and opinions expressed are solely mine. Thank you for supporting brands that help make Sift & Simmer possible!
They're moist, fudgy, full of chocolate flavour, and they're like a square cake.
It's not something I ate regularly growing up.
However, I do remember the first time I had a brownie.
It was in one of those Hungry-Man microwave dinners. Yes. I know.
In my University years, I dabbled with some brownie recipes, but mostly stayed within the realm of pure chocolate. No fancy additions.
Which brings me to now. My 3 year old is a chocoholic. Whenever we go for ice cream, I'll always ask him what flavour he'd like, and 10 times out of 10, he will answer, "chocowat." And it's not even milk chocolate -- he loves the dark, bittersweet chocolate!
But he also loves peanut butter.
So, I decided to make these Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies using Everland Natural Food’s products for him. And boy, were they gobbled up by both kids, as well as my hubby!
Everland Natural Foods is a local Vancouver company that produces a variety of Certified Organic and natural food items.
As someone who strives to always choose organic products, and loves to support local companies, I’ve been buying Everland’s organic products for quite some time.
Their coconut oil and pumpkin seeds are my must-gets! It always helps when my aunt brings me over numerous jars of Everland peanut butter too! (What can I say, we’re all Everland fans!) So, it’s without saying that I’m super excited to partner with them on this post!
How to make them
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Whisk in the eggs and maple syrup.
- Add in the dry ingredients and fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into a square baking pan, and dollop with coconut peanut butter.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
Super moist, decadent, rich, and fudgy brownies made with wholesome ingredients -- and that Coconut Peanut Butter swirled through the batter -- these will fly off your dining table.
Pair them with a glass of cold milk and you've got the perfect treat.
Other recipes you may like
Be sure to also check out these recipes:
Granola Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Clif Bars
Let me know if you try these fudgy Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies! Tag me @siftandsimmer on Instagram or leave me a comment below.
Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- ½ C dark chocolate chopped
- ¼ C Everland Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C Everland Organic Maple Syrup
- ½ C Everland Organic Almonds ground into a flour
- ¼ C all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¼ C Everland Organic Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon shredded unsweetened coconut for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
- Prepare a 8" by 8" square baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. Leave some overhang so it will be easier to lift out after baking.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the dark chocolate, coconut oil and heat for 30 seconds, until everything is melted and smooth. Add in the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and maple syrup. Add in the chocolate mixture from above and combine.
- [If you don't have ground almond flour, it's easy to make your own. Place the whole almonds into a food processor and pulse intermittently until the texture of fine sand.]
- Sift in the ground up almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a spatula to fold the dry mixture together with the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Use a spoon to dollop the Coconut Peanut Butter on top of the batter in various areas and use a sharp knife to cut through the batter with a swirling motion. Sprinkle some shredded unsweetened coconut on top if you wish.
- Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes at 350°F/177°C, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with just the slightest bit of crumbs sticking to it.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Can be individually wrapped and frozen for up to 2 months.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.
Leave a Reply