An easy recipe for Asian Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry with SunButter sauce. Makes for an easy weeknight dinner served with steamed rice.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by SunButter. All images and opinions expressed are solely mine. Thank you for supporting brands that help make Sift & Simmer possible!
This is a quick, delicious, and healthy vegetarian meal that you can whip up in a matter of minutes.
It's become my go-to meal since my weekdays have gotten intensely busy.
From start to finish, it takes less than 30 minutes to put together -- definitely a win!
Typical Asian sauces have peanut or peanut butter in it, but I've used No-Sugar Added SunButter in place of peanut butter to make this peanut-free.
Just combine the sauce ingredients together in a jar, and the rest will come together very easily.
Savoury and gingery, with a little hint of sweetness from the honey -- the tofu absorbs the delicious sauce and pairs perfectly with the tender-crisp broccoli.
Add rice or noodles, and you've got a healthy, nutritious, and quick dinner.
You can change the tofu to chicken or beef, and it would taste just as good, but since we're trying to incorporate more meatless meals, I opted for tofu, which is something that I've always got on hand.
Other recipes you may like
You may also enjoy:
SunButter Spicy Dan Dan Noodles
Vietnamese Salad Rolls with Creamy SunButter Dipping Sauce
SunButter Noodles with Chicken and Cucumber
If you try this recipe, let me know -- tag me on Instagram @siftandsimmer or leave me a comment/rating below!
Asian Tofu Broccoli Stir-Fry with SunButter Sauce
For accuracy and precision in baking recipes, use weight (metric) measurements when available.
- 2 C white rice cooked
- 1 head broccoli (just florets, cut into pieces)
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon No-Sugar Added SunButter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½" ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- splash of water
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- Combine together the SunButter, honey, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Add a splash of water if it's too thick and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Blot the tofu with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- In a large pan, heat up 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add in the cubed tofu and let it sit for a minute or two before gently stirring to lightly brown all sides. Add in the sauce and stir to coat the tofu. Add in the broccoli florets, and cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over steamed white rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if you wish.
The nutritional information provided should be considered as approximate and is not guaranteed. Please use your best judgment to ensure food is safely prepared and/or a good fit for your diet.
Leave a Reply